Thursday, May 1, 2014

First Year Mini | American Crafts

I have been seeing the monthly scrapbook pages for baby with journaling and monthly photos. They look great, but I did want to do that since I am doing Project Life album and it would a lot of work to do 12 pages. So instead I put a photo from each month into a 6x6 mini album.


I started by using pre made album from American Crafts' DIY line. Then I selected 14 6x6 pieces of pattern paper. Then I layer it out like I wanted it to be. Sewing each photo leaving one side open to add a journaling card later. Then I adhered each paper to the chip board album. Then I added a few embellishments. Cutting and hole punching 7: 2 inch pieces of transparency to make month number divers. Added punched circles with pattern paper and thickers. Added journaling cards. And done! It really did not take me that long to create this simple and sweet mini album.












The only thing I think I would like to change is the numbers. When I created it I was not thinking about how the numbers would appear. I should have had the number that lies on to of the page to be the month it was for, but I didn't. It's the number of the photo opposite. Live and learn :)


Supplies: Brand:: American Crafts- DIY shop, Polka Dot Party, Little Bo Peep (CP), Flea Market (CP), MH Flea Market (Project Life). Pattern paper, die cuts, thickers, 2 inch circle punch, sewing machine, embellishments, chip board album, transparencies, journaling cards.

Wow! I cannot believe my baby will be a year very soon. 

Thanks for taking a look!

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Wow!!!
Your daughter & your mini book are just so beautiful.

taniscrap said...

I am in admiration!! So beautiful, the fotos, the layout, the colors, ... wouaw

CalleLillyCafe said...

this is beautiful!!

Erin said...

Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...